Learning Swift: Building Apps For Os X And Ios
- Publish Date: 2016-05-27
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Paris Buttfield-Addison;Jon Manning;Tim Nugent
Attention: For textbook, access codes and supplements are not guaranteed with used items.
Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
Get hands-on experience with Apples Swift programming language by building real working apps. With this practical guide, skilled programmers with little or no knowledge of Apple development will learn how to code with Swift 2 by developing three complete, tightly linked versions of the Notes application for the OS X, iOS, and watchOS platforms.
In the process, youll learn Swifts fundamentals, including its syntax and features, along with the basics of the Cocoa, CocoaTouch, and WatchKit frameworks. This book teaches you how to use common design patterns for Swift, how to structure an application for Apples platforms, and how to submit working apps to the App Store.
Divided into four distinct parts, this book includes:
- Swift 2 basics: Learn Swifts features for object-oriented development, as well as various developer tools
- OS X app development: Set up your app, work with its documents, and build out its features
- iOS app development: Use multimedia, contacts, location, notifications, and iCloud files to build a fully featured iOS Notes app
- Advanced app extensions: Support Apple Watch and learn how to debug, monitor, and test all three of your Swift apps
We Also Recommend
Ibm Cognos Business Intelligence 10: The Official Guide
Game Development Essentials: An Introduction