Wireless Networks And Mobile Computing
- Publish Date: 2015-11-03
- Binding: Hardcover
- Author: Koushik Sinha;Sasthi C. Ghosh;Bhabani P. Sinha
Attention: For textbook, access codes and supplements are not guaranteed with used items.
Wireless communication is one of the fastest growing industry segments today. Many types of wireless networks are now being used for applications such as personal communication, entertainment, rural and urban healthcare, smart home building, inventory control, and surveillance. This book introduces the basic concepts of wireless networks and mobile computing to give engineering students at the undergraduate/graduate level a solid background in the field. It also looks at the latest research and challenging problems in the field to serve as a reference for advanced-level researchers.
Wireless Networks and Mobile Computing begins with an introduction to the different types of wireless networks, including Wi-Fi, ZigBee, cellular mobile, ad hoc, cognitive radio, wireless mesh, and wireless sensor. Subsequent chapters address more advanced topics such as:
- Mobility, bandwidth, and node location management issues in mobile networks
- Message communication techniques and protocols in ad hoc networks
- Recent research and future direction of wireless local area networks (WLANs)
- Deployment of sensor nodes in wireless sensor networks (WSNs)
- Energy-efficient communication in wireless networks
- Security aspects of wireless communication
The book includes exercises at the end of every chapter to help give students a better insight into the topics presented. It includes a number of advanced-level exercises, which are research problems that may be taken up by researchers in the respective areas. This book provides a valuable reference for classroom study/teaching as well as for technology development and research in the relevant areas.
We Also Recommend
What Went Wrong?: Case Histories Of Process Plant Disasters
Boeing 747 Owners' Workshop Manual: An Insight Into Owning, Flying, And Maintaining The Iconic Jumbo Jet
Electrical Motor Controls For Integrated Systems Workbook