Virtual Clinical Excursions 3.0 For Principles And Practice Of Psychiatric Nursing, 10E
- Publish Date: 2012-08-08
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Gail Wiscarz Stuart PhD RN FAAN
Attention: For textbook, access codes and supplements are not guaranteed with used items.
Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
One of the most complete nursing education learning systems available, Virtual Clinical Excursions is an online program that guides you through a virtual hospital where the patients are real and their conditions are constantly changing. By immersing students in a realistic, yet safe, nursing environment, VCE simulates the average clinical rotation by allowing users to conduct a complete assessment of a patient and set priorities for care, collect information, analyze and interpret data, prepare and administer medications, and reach conclusions about complex problems. Each lesson has a textbook reading assignment and activities based on visiting the patients in the hospital providing a perfect environment to practice what you are learning.
- Online workbook includes a set of lessons to prepare and guide you through a variety of patient scenarios, which are all connected to your textbook.
- Physical examination interactions include unique images and assessment findings for each patient scenario.
- Patient chart provides quick access to vital information such as physicians orders, laboratory reports, patient education, nursing admission, and more, offering a richly detailed portrait of the patient.
- Electronic patient record houses data from the patients entire hospital stay and offers the ability to record new data findings.
- Nurse-client interaction videos depict conversations and situations involving nurses, patients, family members, and hospital staff to help you discern between communications that are ideal and those that need improvement.
- Updated drug reference includes a comprehensive set of the latest drug monographs to help you make the best clinical judgments involving medication administration.
- NEW! Online format enables you to access Virtual Clinical Excursions from any PC or MAC with an internet connection.
- NEW! Laboratory guide provides standard value ranges for all laboratory values offered within the virtual patient hospital, so you can confirm and compare standard lab values against your patients test results.
We Also Recommend
Winningham & Preusser'S Critical Thinking In Medical-Surgical Settings: A Case Study Approach, 3E
Surgical Instrumentation Flashcards Set 1: General And Gynecological Instrumentation (Study On The Go!)
Gerontological Nursing Review And Resource Manual
Black Families In Therapy: Understanding The African American Experience